I had a floral background I made which has been sitting on my desk for a while so when I saw this weeks challenge at Case This Sketch I knew it would be perfect. I used this weeks Sketch 282 to create the following 2 cards.Case This Sketch is a fabulous challenge site that offers lots of inspiration. Below are the steps to replicate this card.
- Step 1 - Trim White Cardstock to 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", score at 4 1/4" and fold in half for a vertical side fold card. (2 times)
- Step 2 - Create 2 Backgrounds - First Background - Trim White Cardstock to 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". Stamp Everything Together flowers, leaves and dots in several Distress Oxide Ink Colors (I used Broken China, Wild Honey, Fossilized Amber & Peeled Paint). Second Background - Trim White Cardstock to 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". Stamp Diagonl Stripes using Distress Oxide Ink. (I used Broken China).
- Step 3 - Diecut Double Stitched Rectangle to both backgrounds. On both trim 1 3/8" from the bottom and then 1". You will now have 3 panels for both background. Card 1 - Adhere using 3mm Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape to large floral panel, smallest stripe and then mid size floral. Card 2 - Adhere using 3mm Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape to large stripe panel, smallest floral and then mid size stripe. Apply Distress Oxide Ink Wild Honey to a scrap piece of White Cardstock. Trim 1/4" strips (4 times) For both cards adhere the strips using 3mm Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape in between each panel. See below for visual.
- Step 4 - Apply Distress Oxide Ink Peeled Paint to a scrap piece of White Cardstock. Use an anti-static powder tool over the strip. Stamp Sentiment using versamark. Sprinkle White Embossing Powder and heat set with a heat tool. (2 times)
- Step 5 - Diecut Stitched Fishtail Banners to the embossed sentiment. (2 times). Adhere to each card using foam tape.
I hope you enjoyed today's cards. It's a fun technique using 2 backgrounds to create 2 cards. These cards can be used for any occasion by changing the colors, images and/or stamps. Below is a link to all the products used. Thanks for stopping and have a wonderful day.