Thursday, November 12, 2020

Season’s Greetings Card

Hi everyone,

Today I am sharing a card I made using the Hero Arts Christmas Rose Bold Prints Cling Stamp heat embossed with WOW! White Pearl Embossing Powder to create a gorgeous watercolor Holiday Background. There are many ways to stamp and colour in this image. I embossed it onto Watercolor paper for a watercolour effect. Below you will find the steps to create your own Season’s Greetings Card.

Step 1 - Trim White Cardstock to 8 1/2” x 5 1/2”, score at 4 1/4” and fold in half for a vertical side fold card. (A2)

Step 2 - Trim Schoolhouse Red Cardstock to 4 1/4” x 5 1/2” and adhere to card front using Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive.

Step 3 - Stamp Christmas Rose Bold Prints with Versamark on Watercolor Paper.  I used Strathmore Ready Cut Watercolor Hot Press 5” x 7”, but Cold Press will work as well. Sprinkle Wow! White Pearl Embossing Powder and remove the excess. Heat set it with a Heat Tool. Colour in the images using Watercolor markers. I used Arteza Real Brush but Zig Clean Colors will work as well. Below I listed the colours I used from the Arteza Real Brush markers beneath each photo.

Red / A101

Seaweed Green / A120

Lighter Green Leaves- Light Green / A111
Small seeds - Autumn Red / A118
Orange Flowers - Cadmium Orange / A140
Tiny Leaves - Seaweed Green / A120 & Light Green / A111

Small Poinsettia - Rouge Pink / A190
Small Circles - Orange Rust / A169
Stars - Bumblebee Yellow / A128

Step 4 - Add White Gouache onto an Acrylic Block and add a few drops of water. Using a Watercolor Brush tap on the brush to create a light splatter effect onto the panel created in Step 3. I hadn’t cleaned my Watercolor Brush thoroughly and there was some Green ink on my Brush so I didn’t get the White Bright I had wanted but I love the Soft Green effect. Let dry.

Step 5 - Diecut Double Stitched Rectangles using the panel created from Step 3. (Tip - place a scrap of Printer Paper on top of the panel to protect the panel) Adhere to card front using Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive.

Step 6 - Stamp Holiday Greetings Mix 1 sentiment using Versamark on Midnight Green Cardstock. Sprinkle Wow! White Pearl Embossing Powder and remove the excess. Heat set it with a Heat Tool. Trim the sentiment and adhere to card using Foam Tape.

Step 7 - For added interest and sparkle add Vintage Shimmer Pearls using an Embellishment Wand and Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive to the center of the Flowers.




I love how the White Pearl Embossing created a soft effect. You can also Emboss it in Black for a more dramatic appearance. Below is a link to all the products used. Thank you so much for stopping by and have a wonderful day.

Products Used:

No comments:

Post a Comment