Today is the July Challenge at Elizabeth Craft Designs. The Challenge this month is Summer Fun With Words and Numbers. For a chance to win a $20 gift certificate answer this question. What Elizabeth Craft Designs die or stamp set would you use with the Blackboard Alphabet or Blackboard Numbers die sets? Go here and answer the question in the comments section. Below you will find the links to all products used along with the steps to replicate this Card.
- Step 1 - Trim White Soft Finish Cardstock to 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", score at 4 1/4" and fold in half for a vertical side fold card (A2)
- Step 2 - Trim White Soft Finish Cardstock to 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". Using a wide water brush completely cover the cardstock with water. Sprinkle Color Burst and watch magic happen. Once you are satisfied with your background set it aside to dry. When throughly dry Diecut Stitched Rectangles using the background. Diecut Blackboard Letters to create a word with the same background. Adhere the background to the card using 3mm Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape.
- Step 3 - Diecut Summer Drink using White Soft Finish Cardstock. Color the solid circle for the lime and the umbrella using any color medium of your choice. I used Winsor & Newton Promarkers. Set aside the Mug for Step 4.
- Step 4 - Diecut Summer Drink (Mug) using acetate sheet. Cut out the center part of the Mug from the White diecut. There are embossed lines to guide you. Trim the acetate to fit the Mug and remove the handle and the upper part. Carefully apply 2 layers of foam tape all around the backside of the mug white diecut. A trick is to double up and trim the foam tape to the size you need it and remove the release sheet on both sides. This will make it easier to bend around the corners. Add sequins mix. You can create a background or use patterned paper to seal the back by diecutting the mug from the Summer Drink and again remember to remove the handle and upper part.
- Step 5 - Assemble the lime and adhere the lime and umbrella to the card using foam tape.
This card can be used for any occasion by changing the color, sentiments and/or images. Below are links to the Elizabeth Craft Designs products used. Thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful day. Don't forget to answer the question for a chance to win a $20 gift certificate. (See above).