Today is the June Challenge at Elizabeth Craft Designs. The Challenge this month is Hexagons Inspiration. For a chance to win a $20 gift certificate answer this question. What is your favorite way to use Elizabeth Craft Designs Stitched Hexagons or Fitted Hexagons Dies. Go here and answer the question in the comments section. Below you will find the links to all products used along with the steps to replicate this Hexagon Card.
- Step 1 - Trim White Soft Finish Cardstock to 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", score and fold in half. Diecut largest Stitched Hexagons to the folded cardstock but lower the die past the fold line so it doesn't diecut at the fold line. Now you have a Hexagon shaped card.
- Step 2 - Create a background (or use Patterned Paper). I created my background using Distress Oxide Inks on White Soft Finish Cardstock. I applied the ink directly on the cardstock an ink applicator and covered the entire cardstock. I sprayed water onto a craft mat and dipped the cardstock. I then used a paintbrush and flicked some water. Look out for my YouTube video this week on how to create a background using Distress Oxide Inks. Let dry before going to the next step.
- Step 3 - Diecut Fitted Hexagon using the Distress Oxide Background.
- Step 4 - Stamp Sentiments 2 - Just Because (You're Amazing) using Versamark Ink. Sprinkle White Embossing Powder then heat set it with a heat tool.
- Step 5 - Diecut Party Lanterns using a DIY background or Patterned Paper. This is the solid Lanterns Die. Diecut Party Lanterns top piece and holder using White Soft Finish Cardstock with Clear Double Sided Adhesive on the backside. Assemble the lanterns. Adhere the lanterns to the background using foam tape.
- Step 6 - Thread yarn through the top of the lanterns and adhere to the back of the background using tape.
- Step 7 - Adhere the background to the front of the card using 3mm Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape.
This card can be used for any occasion by changing the color, sentiments and/or images. Below are links to the Elizabeth Craft Designs products used. Thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful day. Don't forget to answer the question for a chance to win a $20 gift certificate. (See above).
Elizabeth Craft Designs Products Used: