Friday, July 1, 2011

Announcing Passion Collimagination Guest DT

I am so happy to announce that I will be a Guest DT for Passion Collimagination for the months of July-September.  I missed being at a LSS and when I saw Passion and it is 5 minutes from home I was so happy.  I have been going to their crops and meeting the people.  It's mostly french but I get by.  It's really a friendly group of women and the owner Melissa is super amazing.  She made me feel welcome right away and I have been fortunate to have met some of the other DT.  If you want a friendly and funny atmosphere then Passion is the place.

For my July kit I used the gorgeous and delicate papers and products from Pink Paislee - Butterfly Garden which is this month's card kit.  Inside this kit you will find wood chipboard and delicate fabric flowers.  The stamp is one of my favorite stamping artist, Mo Manning and the beautiful angelic image is the "Fairy Kiki".  The pearls and ribbon are my favorite.  If you want to see this card IRL it will be at the store shortly.  But for now here it is.


I made an easel card.  They are super easy to make.  My cards are 6"x6" so cut a cardstock 6"x12".  With a scorepad or freehand score at 3" and then at 6".  Now fold them and what you have is half a card top.  Cut a 6"x6" cardstock and you will adhere it to the half fold on top.  I will make a tutorial soon in case you don't understand.

I used crackle glossy accents to give the wings a delicate feel.  The image "Fairy Kiki" is colored with Promarkers.  The bird cage was lots of glimmer mist and paint dabbers.  The finishing touch was some stickles.  The leaves were cut using the Stampin' Up die cut.


This is the inside of my card.  Take note when you are making an easel card to use elements that will help keep your card open to the easel card.  In this case I often distress the edges of my patterned paper because that alone does the trick.  But you can use brads, buttons, flowers, etc. 

Here is the final result!  TFL!

4 comments:

  1. Perfect...just beautiful. Love the image and all the details, gorgeous card.
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG what a gorgeous card, the color are so soft. You taught of everything. Congrat...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ta carte est superbe! bravo!
    Bienvenue parmis nous dans l'équipe de Passion Collimagination.
    Nadyne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is stunning!!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete