Welcome to the Club Scrap May Challenge with the Creative License Kit. With the last two collections being feminine it was great seeing a totally masculine collection. Even though I am more a feminine scrapper than masculine, however, the Creative License collection inspired me the moment I opened the box. This month's challenge made it even easier. The challenge is to incorporate metal or faux metal elements to embellish your projects. This was so much fun.
Now first things first if you came from Lisa's blog you came from the right place. If you didn't you can start at the beginning with Karen at Club Scraps blog.
For this page I used the 12x12 patterned papers. The kit comes with gorgeous metal ornaments. I used Adirondack Mixatives Copper on the metal ornaments to give it a rustic look. I am so happy with the results. The gears are diecut with the Tim Holtz gears die and inked with a metallic silver and turquoise ink. I used the awesome stamp license plate and stamped the letters DREAM. All stamped using the Club Scrap Pigment White Ink.
For this card I used the License Plate stamp to create a truck. On the cut-a-part sheet I cut the smaller license for the front of the truck and stamped UR. For the back of the truck I used another cut-a-part for the word AMAZING. I added some metal gears to create the tires. All patterned paper are from the 12x12 and 8 1/2x11. The tire tracks are from the cut-a-part.
For this card I wanted to incorporate a feminine attribute but make it masculine at the same time. I LOVE IT! This is for my dear son who is turning 27. I used the plain 12x12 paper for the base. I tore one end of the 8 1/2x11 paper for the background. The gears are diecut from the Tim Holtz gears die and painted with acrylic metallic silver and then inked the edges with distress ink Black Soot. I used some metal ornaments from my old stash for the center of the gears. The butterfly base is diecut with a butterfly die on patterned paper. The top butterfly was first painted with an acrylic metallic silver and then diecut. Last I used a diecut for the sentiment.
For this tag I used scraps of left over patterned paper to create the tag base and the heart. For the tag it is 4 1/4 long by 2 1/8 wide. Then I snipped off the top corners. I used some old yarn to hold the metal car ornament and wrapped it several times around the tag. The sentiment is from the cut-a-part inked with distress inks. To finish it off I added the ribbon.
TFL! Now head on over to Anne Marie's blog to continue the Creative License challenge.