Today I want to share a super easy frame window card. I like creating frame window cards because you can have images coming outside of the frame to add dimension.
Before we get started I have new Blog Giveaway. The contest will run until May 31 and the winner will be announced June 1. All you have to do is Follow My Blog and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. Don’t forget to click on the bell after you subscribe to get notifications. People who already follow me will automatically be entered. The prize is Lantern Box Die from Elizabeth Craft Designs.
Finished card measures 4 1/4” x 5 1/2” folded
- Step 1 - Trim White Cardstock to 5 1/2” x 8 1/2”, score and fold in half for a vertical side fold card (A2)
- Step 2 - Create a Distress Oxide Background using White Cardstock. Apply the Inks directly on White Cardstock using an ink applicator. I used colors Faded Jeans, Broken China and Cracked Pistachio. Spray with water to create droplets. Trim the background to 3 3/4” x 5”. Adhere the background to the front of card using Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape.
- Step 3 - Diecut Double Stitched Rectangles Die using White Cardstock. You will need to use 2 dies to create the frame. Use painters paint to hold the dies in position. Add foam tape to the backside of frame. Before adhering the frame to the card place it on the card to find your position for the small sentiment. Stamp Sentimental small phrase using Versafine Onyx Black Ink. Now adhere the frame to the card.
- Step 4 - Stamp Even More Spring Flowers using Bristol Smooth Finish cardstock with Versafine Onyx Black Ink. Color in the flowers with medium of your choice. I used Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers. Once dry Diecut with matching dies. Adhere to card using Double Sided Adhesive Tape to the bottom layers and Foam Tape to the top layers having some hang outside the window.
- Step 5 - Diecut Sentimental using White Cardstock 3 times. To the top layer use Versamark, sprinkle with White Embossing Powder and heat set it with a heat tool Repeat this step another 3 times. Adhere the layers together and then adhere to card using Multi Medium.
This card can be used for many occasions by changing the sentiment. To receive $5.00 off your order use Promo Code: FWR528. Below is a link for all products used from Simon Says Stamp.