Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Birds & Branches with Case This Sketch 281

Hi Everyone,
I was playing around with my Birds & Branches Background Stamp from Elizabeth Craft Designs. I was trying different watercolor techniques. I loved the effect of the Distress Oxide Inks and since I had some of the images colored with them I decided to fussy cut them out and not waste them. They have been sitting on my desk and when I saw this weeks challenge over at Case This Sketch I knew Sketch 281 was perfect. Case This Sketch is a super fun Challenge Site if you struggle with CAS Cards or even if this is your style. It is a weekly challenge that is sure to inspire you. Below is the steps to replicate this card.



  • Step 1 - Trim White Soft Finish Cardstock to 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", score at 4 1/4" and fold in half for a vertical side fold card. (A2)
  • Step 2 - Stamp sentiment using Versafine Onyz Black Ink. 
  • Step 3 - Stamp Birds & Branches Background on watercolor paper using Versafine Onyz Black Ink. Using an acrylic block apply Distress Oxide Ink. Using an Aqua Brush pick up the ink and color in the stamped images. (I used Peeled Paint, Abandoned Coral, Wild Honey & Squeezed Lemonade). When images are dry fussy cut them out.
  • Step 4 - Adhere the colored stamped images to the card front. The leaves using collage medium and foam tape for the flower.
  • Step 5 - Optional - For accents apply Crystal Nuvo Drops Morning Dew.




This card can be used for any occasion by changing the color, images and/or sentiment. Below is a link to all products used. Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day. Be sure to come back on Friday for a Super Fun Blog Giveaway.

Products Used:

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty. The beauty is in the simplicity... it is a gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete