Today I have a fun Valentine's Day card for you. The main focus of the card is using a die in a non traditional way. Below you will find the easy steps to replicate this card. But first it's time for a Blog Giveaway.
One lucky winner will receive five die sets. Spellbinders Labels Four, Foliage & Ribbon Banner and Die-namites Wet Tulips & Tulip Garden. The contest is easy. Click on follow my blog. How easy is that! If you are already following me you are automatically entered into the drawing. The contest ends on Friday Feb.23 and the winner will be announced on Saturday Feb.24. Good luck everyone!
Here is the prize
Finished card measures 4 1/4” x 5 1/2” folded
- Step 1 - Cut White Soft Finish Cardstock to 8 1/2" x 5 1/2". Score and fold in half to form a horizontal side-fold card base. Finished size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" (A2)
- Step 2 - Trim White Soft Finish Cardstock to 4” x 5 1/4”. Ink the edges with Distress Oxide Seedless Preserves. Emboss Large Entwined Heart. To do this you will need to use an embossing matte in the diecutting machine as you would emboss a folder. Remember to offset the die.
- Step 3 - Diecut Large Entwined Heart using ModaScrap patterned paper Fly & Scrap. Adhere the center part to the center of the embossed heart using 3mm Clear Double Sided Adhesive..
- Step 4 - Diecut Balloons (the Heart) using ModaScrap patterned paper Fly & Scrap. Adhere to card using 3mm Clear Double Sided Adhesive.
- Step 5 - Diecut Small Entwined Heart using ModaScrap patterned paper Fly & Scrap and adhere to card using 3mm Clear Double Sided Adhesive.
- Step 6 - Stamp Love Sentiment using Black Ink.
- Step 7 - Randonly adhere some sequins in pink and white.
Below you will find the links for all products used for your easy convenience. Thanks for stopping by! Remember to follow my blog to be entered in my blog giveaway.