Today I am showing you a card I made using Sketch #259 from Case This Sketch. Case This Sketch is a weekly Sketch Challenge for Clean and Simple cards. Below you will find the steps to replicate this card. But first it's time for a Blog Giveaway.
One lucky winner will receive five die sets. Spellbinders Labels Four, Foliage & Ribbon Banner and Die-namites Wet Tulips & Tulip Garden. The contest is easy. Click on follow my blog. How easy is that! If you are already following me you are automatically entered into the drawing. The contest ends on Friday March 9 and the winner will be announced on Saturday March 10. Good luck everyone!
Here is the prize
Case This Sketch #259
Finished card measures 4 1/4” x 5 1/2” folded
- Step 1 - Cut White Soft Finish Cardstock to 8 1/2" x 5 1/2". Score and fold in half to form a horizontal side-fold card base. Finished size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" (A2)
- Step 2 - Trim White Soft Finish Cardstock to 3 7/8” x 5 1/8”. Using an ink applicator lightly apply Distress Oxide Inks in small areas towards the mid section. Spray water to create droplets. Let dry.
- Step 3 - Trim Black Soft Finish Cardstock to 4” x 5 1/4”. Adhere the Distress Oxide panel to the black panel using 3mm Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape. Adhere the whole panel to the front of the card using 3mm Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape.
- Step 4 - Stamp Bugs & Butterflies using Black Ink on patterned paper from ModaScrap Fly & Scrap. Diecut the image with the matching Bugs & Butterflies die set. Adhere to card using Foam Tape in the center. Shape the wings upwards to add dimension.
- Step 5 - Diecut the sentiment using Black Soft Finish Cardstock. Using an embossing ink pad apply directly on the Diecut sentiment. Sprinkle Black Embossing Powder and heat set with a heat tool. Repeat this 3 times for even coverage. Adhere to card using Multi Medium Glue. Stamp sentiment in Black Ink beneath the Embossed sentiment.
- Step 6 - Adhere sequins to card using Multi Medium Glue.
This card can be used for any occasion. Below is a link to all Elizabeth Craft Designs Products used for your easy convenience. Thanks for stopping by.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Products Used
Other Products Used
Versafine Onyx Black
Distress Oxide Inks (Broken China, Salty Ocean & Faded Jeans)
Tim Holtz Distress Sprayer
Avery Elle Sentimental Die
Versamark Embossing Ink Pad
Ranger Embossing Powder Black
Multi Medium Glue