Today I have a card to share with you using the new Krista Schneider stamps from Elizabeth Craft Designs At first I intended to make this an Easter card but when I added the 3 chicks it made me think of my mother so I changed it for a Mother’s Day card. Below you will find the easy steps to replicate this card but before we get started I have a blog giveaway. I have extended the deadline due to a busy schedule.
Blog GiveawayOne lucky winner will receive five die sets. Spellbinders Labels Four, Foliage & Ribbon Banner and Die-namites Wet Tulips & Tulip Garden. The contest is easy. Click on follow my blog. How easy is that! If you are already following me you are automatically entered into the drawing. The contest ends on Friday March 16 and the winner will be announced on Saturday March 17. Good luck everyone!
Here is the prize
Finished card measures 4 1/4” x 5 1/2” folded
- Step 1 - Cut White Soft Finish Cardstock to 8 1/2" x 5 1/2". Score and fold in half to form a vertical side-fold card base. Finished size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" (A2)
- Step 2 - Trim Black Soft Finish Cardstock to 4” x 5 1/4”. Adhere to card front using 3mm Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape.
- Step 3 - Trim White Soft Finish Cardstock to 3 3/4” x 5”. On a kraft mat add Distress Oxide colors Broken China and Faded Jeans. Spray water to activate the ink. Dip the right bottom into the activated oxides. Dry using a heat tool. Repeat until you reach the desired effect. Place a stencil on top of the dried ink. Add Faded Jeans ink on an ink applicator and apply in a circular motion. Emboss Stitched Stars using the panel. Make sure you use the embossing mat in your Diecut machine. Adhere to the card front using 3mm Clear Double Sided Adhesive.
- Step 4 - Diecut Stitched Stars using White Soft Finish Cardstock. Stamp April Showers (the raindrops) inside the star using Black Ink. Adhere to the card in the center of the embossed star using 3mm Clear Double Sided Adhesive.
- Step 5 - Stamp April Showers using Bristol Smooth Surface paper using Black Ink (for watercoloring) (Duck and chick 3 times). Color in watercolour medium of your choice. I used Zig Clean Color Real Brush. Once dry Diecut with the matching dies from April Showers. Adhere Duck to card using Foam Tape and the 3 chicks with Kids Choice Glue.
- Step 6 - Ink a Scrap piece of cardstock with Distress Oxide Broken China. Diecut Words 1 - Celebration (word Happy). Stamp it with an embossing ink and sprinkle Clear Embossing Powder. Heat set it with a heat tool. Repeat this step another 2 times. Adhere to card using Kids Choice Glue.
- Step 7 - Stamp sentiment in Embossing Ink using Black Soft Finish Cardstock. Sprinkle White Embossing Powder. Heat set with a heat tool. Adhere to card using Foam Tape.
As mentioned above this card can be used for any occasion by changing the stamps and/or the sentiment. Below is a link for all the products used for your easy convenience. Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful day and see you again soon.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Products Used: