Welcome back to the last Elizabeth Craft Designs Challenge for 2017. Boy where did the time go. The challenge is Backgrounds - There are so many ways to create a background. You can use large background dies, smaller dies or stamps. Backgrounds can add so much interest to your card or home decor.
Before we get started did you know there is a chance for you to win a $20 gift card. Visit the Elizabeth Craft Designs Blog. Answer this question by leaving a comment on the Elizabeth Craft Designs Blog. What Elizabeth Craft Designs dies or stamp sets would you use to create a background on something you were creating? 3 lucky winners will be chosen in a random drawing.
Below you will find the steps to replicate my card.
- Step 1 - Cut White Soft Finish Cardstock to 8 1/2" x 5 1/2". Score and fold in half to form a vertical side-fold card base. Finished size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" (A2)
- Step 2 - Diecut Kaleidoscope Background using a Scrap piece of cardstock to create a stencil.
- Step 3 - Trim White Soft Finish Cardstock to 4 1/4” x 5 1/2” and place the Kaleidoscope Stencil you created on top. Using a sponge dauber or ink applicator start to Color over the stencil. I used 4 colours in Distress Oxide Inks as they are easy to blend colours together.
- Step 4 - You can remove the stencil and use as below but I wanted less white showing. Using a strong glue on the back adhere the stencil to the background by offsetting it 1mm. See below for visual. Trim to 4” x 5 1/4” and adhere the whole background panel to the card using a sheet of fun Foam by using Clear Double Sided Adhesive sheets on both sides.
- Step 5 - Diecut Stitched Fishtail Banners using White Soft Finish Cardstock. Keep the die on top of the Diecut and ink inside. Again I used Distress Oxide Ink.
- Step 6 - Stamp Sentiments 1 - Celebration Clear Stamp in left side of Stitched Fishtail Banners Diecut with Black Ink.
- Step 7 - Stamp Sentiments 1 - Celebration Clear Stamp on White Soft Finish Cardstock with Black Ink. Diecut the stamped image with matching Die. (Tip: Diecut a Scrap piece to use as a template. Use the negative piece to make sure the stamped area is inside the Diecut. Add a piece of masking tape to hold in place then pass through the Diecut machine.) Adhere to the right side of Stitched Fishtail Banner. Now adhere the whole banner to the card using Foam Tape.
Thanks for stopping by. Below is a link of all Elizabeth Craft Designs Product Used for your easy convenience.