Below is a card that took little time to make and yet looks intricate. Below are the easy steps to replicate this card.
- Step 1 - Cut Kraft Cardstock to 8 1/2" x 5 1/2". Score and fold in half to form a vertical side-fold card base. Finished size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" (A2)
- Step 2 - Emboss the front of card using Stitched Ovals Die (you will not be diecutting but embossing with the embossing matte). This will give an embossed impression of the Stitched Oval.
- Step 3 - Stamp Concord & 9th Plaid Background Clear Stamp on Kraft Cardstock with a Red Pigment Ink. Let dry or use Heat Gun to speed up the drying time. Once dry use an anti-static powder bag then stamp the Concord & 9th Plaid Background Clear Stamp double lines repeatedly with Embossing Ink. Sprinkle Ranger Copper Embossing Powder and heat with Heat Gun. See below photo for before and after.
- Step 4 - Diecut Stitched Ovals (one smaller than the die you used for embossing) the Plaid Background and adhere to the center of card using 3mm Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape.
- Step 5 - Diecut Small Poinsettia in red cardstock & green cardstock (or ink Kraft Cardstock with Distress Ink Festive Berries & Evergreen Bough then let dry). Assemble the Poinsettia. If you need help with the assembly here is a video from Susan's Garden Club to help you out. Once assembled add Prills Third Place to the center. Adhere to bottom right of card using Kids Choice Glue.
- Step 6 - Diecut Berry Branch 3 times in brown cardstock. Add Crystal Nuvo Drops of all the Berry (circles). 2 branches in Autumn Red and 1 branch in Bottle Green. You will need to let this dry completely. Once dry cut sections and begin adhering all around the Poinsettia. I used Kids Choice Glue.
- Stamp on Kraft Cardstock with embossing ink the sentiment from Winter Sentiments Clear Stamp and sprinkle Copper Embossing Powder. Heat set with Heat Gun.
- Diecut the sentiment with Stitched Fishtails Banner. Adhere to the card using foam tape or pop-ups.
The fun thing about this card is that it can also be used for any occasion by changing the plaid colors, the poinsettia to a flower as well as changing the sentiment. Thank you for stopping by.
Below are links to the Elizabeth Craft Designs Products Used & Simon Says Stamp Products Used for your easy convenience.